Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lately....


Soooo I won't lie, I've been cracking under pressure a little, not enough to break but enough to constantly be wiping the sweat from my brow. It seems as though I have almost completly neglected my editorial duties for my music...which is not a total bad thing, but it does prove to be an issue when you're getting emails from one of your many editors asking "where you been Brittany? Haven't heard from you in a while..."

It's true though...I've been M.I.A and strategizing my plan of attack. I've been locking myself in my room and trying to complete a song a day like Dolly Parton or pulling a Kanye "lock ya' self in a room for three summers" ( Throw back "Drop Out, ooooh the irony)...I don't presume that it will take that long...at least I hope not. Maybe one of these days I will get back to my journalistic feats, but at this present moment, I can't make any promises...(sorry)

It's not all in vain though that's for damn sure...I got a meeting with an agent this evening about my work...but get this: he wants to try to develop me as an artist. That might tickle someone else's fancy, but I got to tell ya', being in the limelight is not quite my thing, I'd rather be in the background...like a Diane Warren. You're probably like who is that? My point exactly. You don't know her, but trust you word her lyrics if you listen to Celine Dion, Toni Braxton, any of those American Idol kids, Debarge...the lists goes on and on and on. Multiple winner of ASCAP Songwriter of year award. I believe that's my niche,either way we'll see what this dude is talking about tonight. Here'e to over turning stones no matter what they look like from an aerial view...

No comments:

Post a Comment