Saturday, May 29, 2010

MIA Bound or M.I.A. Bound?

Alright so it's been a minute since I've posted last. That trip to New Orleans and Houston was killer and I tricked myself into believing that I was made for this road life ISH by taking a "moonlighting" media assignment to go to Miami for the Memorial Day Weekend. I went so far as to drive to my old stomping ground, Tallahassee, Fl to meet up with my ride. The object of the whole trip was to go down and get some backstage footage from the Best of the Best concert series. I was told we had the media passes, I lined up a media outlet and everything...I get down here..the plans changed...WTF? I don't like shiftiness like that...I'm one of those "Say what you mean...mean what you say " kind of gals. So I listen to my gut and pulled out at the last minute. As I get older I'm learning to do that more because, yeah I would've had a good time regardless because that's the place to be right now, but I would've come home empty handed with nothing to produce for my outlet...I'm a freelancer...that is how I get paid! So I stuck to my guns cause' I personally don't believe in putting out money with none coming in...that's basic economics right there and code of the street....but why am I still in Tallahssee contemplating a day trip to little Cuba? Hence the question MIA bound or Missing In Action bound...decisions decisions and if someone else says "You only live once" to me again...Imma! Imma! I'm probably going to go! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment