Thursday, May 6, 2010


Sooo I'm always a busy little "B" and always keeping my ear to the wire for positions that beat a cubicle and where I can use the right side of my brain, so I applied for truth® 2010, you know the marketing juggernaunt of a campaign that piled body bags outside of the headquarters of a major tobacco company...yeah them... for a crew member position for their summer tour, which may include stops at Afro Punk Festival, Hot 97 summer jam, VANS Warped tour while promoting an ever present social issue

...basically just alot of great ISH ok :) This is even more rewarding for me, because I've actually flirted with the nasty habit and have quit, so this is super special. What a way to celebrate taking your life back you know? I did the video submission which I've posted below, which was a lot of fun with Jon,my cuzo, and his crew, over at Charles David Productions...SHOUT OUTS!!!




I got a call from GTM Central (whom by the way are the SHIT! check out their website @www.gtmcentral.com) who is heading up the campaign yesterday! The first thing they said was that they liked my video alot lol

I Did the phone interview which was nerve racking as hell. I was on speaker phone with a room full of people, not knowing whose voice belonged to what name. I'm not sure how I did really, I was just an overly nervous, extra high spirited version of myself.So I'll find out May 14 if they're going to invite me to New York for second round interviews. Crossed fingers and toes!

The other funny part is that I actually wasn't going to apply at first. I saw the ad, but let the original April deadline pass because I was being a punk, but then I saw it again and they extended it to May 6th, so I figured "I gotta do this now, I'd be a fool not too", and really the worst that could happen is they say "no"...and I've heard that before...it never really bothered me much. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment