Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Jobs, Ciphers, and goofing off for the cameras

I know I was on some lovey dovey mess before, but it’s back to business as usual…like ALL the way…like I buckled down and got a regular job kind of way. I used to cringed at the idea of having one of those punch the clock thingy’s, but it’s doing a couple of things for me right now… supplementing my income and giving me some kind of structure…which is something I’m JUST now realizing I need, cause’ freelance means exactly that and it kind of resembles “free spirit” which I already am, and a double dose of that looks a lot like laziness…so here’s to all the dreamers out there who have to sit behind a desk…I feel your pain…but I thank God cause’ with employment rates staggering at 10%, me getting a job was an act of divine intervention…so I’m going with it.

But while I’m not there…

I did this cipher about a month ago with my cuz Jon over at Charles David Productions at the M Bar off Peter St. in ATL…great spot …(especially when I was able to do a food review on their new menu... which is coming soon since I’ve decided to have a separate blog for my food endeavors…thinking I’m going to call it “My inner Chubby Kid”…#nodaysoff)



Shout out to Damien Gordon and Marvin Blackwell too, the owners of M Bar. THANK YOU for your generous hospitality! … the crazy part was I wasn’t even supposed to be in the video, I helped Jon organize it came up with the concept…and that was it, but by default I did my thing…a “thing” that I’m embracing more and more each day.




And before that…

I also did a mock interview with my friend DJ Clean ( whose organizing the DC cipher…THANK YOU!) when he stopped through ATL. He hung out with me at OJ da Juiceman’s video shoot …thank God again cause’ if he wasn’t there, I imagine my evening being a tad more difficult to stomach. That interview is coming soon as well…got some technical difficulties with the audio 



 
Got stuff coming up this month too, an interview with Izzy Israel, Atlanta’s go to guy for jewelry. My Pops happens to be friends with him so I figure why not… New York’s got Jacob, L.A. has De Beers…and ATL has …Izzy.


Also, my girlfriend hired me to write her business plan for her modeling agency Belleza, and if you’ve ever written one, you know that it’s no joke, but I’m managing…hell I don’t have a choice.

“Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.”



Saint Francis of Assisi

No comments:

Post a Comment