Saturday, April 24, 2010

Food and Travel: Maggianos "Eat a Dish for the Make a Wish Foundation"

Anyone who knows me personally knows that Maggianos is my version of McDonalds! I love their Ravioli al Forno, which is portabello mushroom stuffed ravioli in a heavy alfredo sauce, but today I suppose I was feeling charitable, hence the Make a Wish Foundation where if you buy one of the Chef Specials the proceeds go to the foundation for a little girl named Olivia.... sooooo I didn't get my fav... instead I got this...it was good but honestly it sounded better on the menu. It possessed all of the elements of an incredible dish, but when it all came together it had an unexpected sweet nutty flavor that was kind of a let down...



But this little number right here was the winner! Grilled Pound cake, yes grilled, with carmaelized bananas,chocolate sauce, and vanilla ice cream! Salute'!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, Yes! I had been sleeping on this delectable dessert. Everything about it is delicious! I was blown away that italians can get down on pound cake like this, they could offer lessons in the south. I won't call any names, but some people just ordered the dessert to go and didn't say a word. This is what this dessert does to people. You have to keep it on the downlow, so you don't have to share, because it is sooo good, I kid you not, It's not to be played with. I would have ordered one to go myself, but I had already overdone it with two entree's, My fav Ravioli and Chicken parmesan, I can still taste the marinara Don't make me take a drive on 285 Interstate to get to Dunwoody, to have another rendezvous with this special dessert, yum,yum!!
    Greedy people are to remain anonymous

    ReplyDelete