Sunday, March 21, 2010

Seeking my CFO? Thinking the new first date should be at the golf course...

Ok, so today is going to be dedicated to writing my "State of Purpose" for SCAD. Oh shoot!, and I just remembered that I have a deadline on the 27th for a whole other project!... God I need an assistant, but I doubt I'll be able to find one that will allow me to pay him/her in compliments.

I've been having the worse kind of writers block when it comes to this SOP man. I really want it to be great, but the words and phrases leave me whenever I sit down at my laptop. Maybe I should've gone to yoga today...but I'd probably be thinking about "The Artist" the whole time, trust he embodies his name with his crafty self...ughhh this is why relationships are such a distraction!
Speaking of relationships, I had an epiphany yesterday with my single self. I think I gave a whole new meaning to marriage being a business contract. Relationship edition...35% of all major business deals are done on the golf course, which means Put-Put golf at Malibu Grand Prix Saturday night takes on a whole new meaning...

I look at myself as a business right,as I think everyone should, for many reasons, but today I'd like to parallel relationships or choosing a mate to trying to find another business to either merge or invest in. You're seeking a CFO. Think about it when you're dating, you're in a sense selling yourself to the other individual. You want them to like you, you want them to WANT to kick it with you, INVEST money and time, CONFIDE in you, and BUILD on a foundation that will benefit you both, and in return you want to show them what you can offer right? And just like a business, your ish better be on the up and up. No one wants to work with someone who is raggedy! What have you done in the past? What are you doing now? References?(i.e. finances, health, can make logically sound decisions, good standing with other businesses...think family and friends), and if yours isn't looking right,trust there is another company lobbying for their business In other words,there are other men and women who want that commission and have the proper criteria to get it. And you wonder why business mergers take so long to actually happen, no one goes into such a highstake union without having done their research first! So later on, after you've signed the proverbial dotted line, you wont get the rude awakening that this merge was more of a liablity than an asset.

There are some that have shady business practices too. Maybe they take "your money" and run, or they breech contract by doing side business without your knowledge, which is grounds for immediate termination. Oh and let's not forget to mention COMMUNICATION. Communication is key simply becuase if you enter a merger, you cannot make a decision without CONSULTING your partner...get it? This is the business of LOVE, everything cant be rainbows and ponies, yachts and G4 Jets,another smart "business" move is knowing when a merge is not necessary.
So in practicing what I preach, I realize "my business" isn't where I want it to be, Brittany Knight, INC. has not reached the numbers that her potential promises, so for now, she is not seeking any mergers at this time, not even for the perks, no matter how much they make me feel good... glow,sweat...or walk funny...ok ok ok lol

Best Regards,
Brittany Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment